Register for Snap!Con 2021!

<span></span>

Hi,
Does someone can explain to me what is a Community-gathering Birds-of-a-Feather sessions?

And what is an organic, open-mic style “show us your project” session ?
Thank you.

What is this?

What is Jabberwocky?

A non-sense poem written by Lewis Carroll.
(Can people search things up before asking?)

It's from Alice in Wonderland. It's been translated into most of the world's languages...

Yeah, maybe we need clearer language for these things.

The intent of the birds-of-a-feather language is to discourage people from proposing BOF sessions as disguised talks. A BOF is a place for people with a common interest to get together without any planned presentation, just for discussion. "Hey, everyone interested in robotics [for example], let's get together in room 5 at 3:00."

As for "show us your project," we had the lightning talks last time, but people had to reserve a slot in advance. This time we're reserving a place in the schedule for people to show up at the last minute with whatever they've worked on recently, without making a proposal in advance.

Thank you @bh for those clarifications.

Hello,
I proposed an Impactful Talks (15m) yesterday and I have not yet receive any acknowledgement of receipt. Is it normal ?
Thank you.

Yes. We really haven't started looking at proposals. Probably tomorrow; we have a planning meeting scheduled. Sorry for being slow...

What do you not understand? If it is about Snap! Con ask bh.

Subject: Snap!Con 2021 Call for Participation - Accepting Proposals through May 15

Hi everyone!

Good news - we’ve extended the proposal submission window for Snap!Con 2021 (July 29-Aug 1) to May 15!

We would love to hear your ideas for lightning talks, talks, panels, workshops, and BOFs. Easily submit them at snapcon.org.

Those attending will be people interested in Snap! as users, teachers, curriculum developers, software developers (Snap! itself and extensions), and researchers. The best proposals will be of interest to that entire range. We welcome proposals from young people on topics of interest to the entire range of participants.

Thanks!
Snap!Con Team

Wait if you need to pay for Snap Con is that true for VId COn and MineCon? (I'm never gone to any con stuff)

I have no idea. In general, when a conference is held in some physical place, it costs a lot because the conference has to pay for the space, pay for food for participants, etc. So fees of $100 to $200 are pretty typical. Online conferences are cheaper; the $25 we charge is pretty common. It just gives us a little buffer for computing capacity costs.

The accepted Talks on the Snap!Con website Snap!Con 2021 Program are still unscheduled - do you know when they will be scheduled? I wonder if there is any way to have one's Lightening Talk scheduled not in the last day (because the day after the last day a travel is planned)?

snap_conference_2021_still_unscheduled

Sorry for the delay. We have a tentative schedule; I'm surprised you didn't get email about it, but I'll check. Lightning talks are Thurs and Fri, 17:40 to 18:50 UTC.

Thank you.

So, it turns out nobody has transferred the schedule from the spreadsheet we did it in to the conference software; that's why you (and everyone else) haven't been officially notified. We'll do that soon...

The "Lightning Talks" seem to be scheduled 10:45 - 11:30am UTC (the first two days of conference), and not 17:30 - 18:50 UTC

Do I understand correctly?