Snap! 7 ideas

Without necro-posting, there was discussion that possibly for Snap! 7 to

(a) make Bézier curves in sprite Costumes > Paint > Vector, and

(b) make block shapes transparent so the code was more textual, such as this script to animate a baseball homerun:

on flag clicked
go to [ ballStrikeSprite ]
repeat until [ touching [ upperDeckSprite ] ]
point towards [ ballPath ]
move 3 steps

(In this case, I imagine ballPath to be a vector.)

Are either of these a possibility for version 7?

(b) is already in Snap!. In the settings menu, near the top, click on "fade blocks."

As for (a), a complete rewrite of both bitmap and vector editors is on our long-term list, but it won't happen before 7.0, sorry!

welcome back @cookiejar
I think its a great idea

Thanks, sirhopsalot.

And Brian, this looks great! Flat design + Fade blocks set to 98. Mouseover reveals the block nicely. I like this for screenshots.

This may have been asked and answered, but which typeface does Snap! use?

I'm pretty sure it's Arial, but all those ugly sans-serif faces look the same anyway. :~)

Agreed, especially since Snap! mixes widths. A monospaced typeface would be easier to read and more in the sprit of coding. Before anyone says ‘Menlo,’ have a look at Code Saver. One day it just became my default, both for copy writing and web coding. There’s a free sample at Code Saver Font Family - Dafont Free. I am not associated with daFont or the type designer. Just like something easy on the eyes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.