ok so i've been a snap member for over a year now and there is something im confused about.
Like ive seen members that are way newer than me but have the trust level regular
Im a trust level member so like.
Is there a way to get this bc im just so confused and curious.
trust level is just a thing discourse gives you, it does nothing apart from lvl 0, (spambot blocker) once you get lvl 1 you have full perms on the forums, higher levels just appear on your profile and do nothing
still but im trying to get my level better
i want to unlock the liking feature
there is no liking it was removed for all levels
all levels have same permissions
well then why are some levels different.
like i've had the same level for over 1 year
irs juts an automatic thing by discourse
Anything higher has some admin control stuff like editing posts or deleting them.
yea but how come you have a higher level but my account is older
I'm not sure
(I deleted the other post bc I realized you only had member)
Try deleting your cookies and what not, maybe there is a cookie preventing you from getting higher.
ima just apply for snap staff team lol
Trust levels are server side, not client side. Clearing cookies will do nothing.
From what I read here Understanding Discourse Trust Levels | Blog to become a regular you must have somewhere around these qualities
- Must have visited at least 50% of days
- Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
- Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
- Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
- Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months
These are probably not 100% correct, but might be a little accurate. I also picked the ones that seemed like they would be on the snap forum.