Problem with NetsBlox

Ok, I have a NetsBlox project, I open two browser tabs with the same project open.
I make a role called "p1" I invite "myself" in the other tab then I hit yes.
All the project's code is gone! and on the browser tab I invited myself from, the code is still there!

Probably you'd do better asking for help at netsblox.org?

Yeah, but the last post on the NetsBlox forum was like two months ago

@brollb , do I have to use crome(Please add support for firefox!)?

And what's stopping you from posting there?

Why are you asking this here and not on the NetsBlox forum?

No one uses the NetsBlox forums, I won't get answer for like two months or more.

Just try posting there, you don't definitively know if you'll get a response or not.

@brollb

Pinging (the other) Brian is unlikely to be fruitful; he doesn't hang out here that much outside of conference time. At the NetsBlox site, on the other hand...

It looks like there are a couple questions/comments:

All the project's code is gone! and on the browser tab I invited myself from, the code is still there!

"Roles" in NetsBlox are the equivalent of a standalone Snap project so they actually do not share any code (nor sprites, costumes, libraries, etc). If you want to have the same code at both roles, you can duplicate the role which will create a new role from a snapshot of the current state of the role.

The lack of code/sprite/stage sharing is intentional as it allows for asymmetric roles in an application. For example, if you imagine a game of hangman where one role chooses the word and the other guesses, you probably don't want the guesser to have access to the variable containing the word (set by the role that chose the secret word).

do I have to use crome(Please add support for firefox!)?

We do all of our testing with Chrome but Firefox should work. We recommend Chrome as the JS engine has been a bit faster in our experience and it allows us to minimize spending time on browser compatibility. That said, if you run into any problems with Firefox, feel free to either post it in the forums or open an issue on the issue tracker!

Thanks for your help!

Hah, I was wrong, you did respond here! :~)