Snap!Con 2020 starts tomorrow, and we have several conference logistics and reminders to share.
View the conference program on snapcon.org.
Snap!Con 2020 Collection
We'd like to add you to our Snap!Con 2020 project collection. It will be a place for all attendees to share interesting projects created during Snap!Con. Please fill out the Snap! Username Survey so we can collect your Snap! username to add you to the collection.
The Snap! Forum will be used as the discussion place for all conference announcements and user surfaced topics. Log in with your Snap! account to the Snap! Forum at forum.snap.berkeley.edu. Conference announcements will be posted on our dedicated forum announcement post. There will be a post for each session to support pre and post session discussion. Feel free to create as many new discussions as you wish!
If you did not register for Snap!Con 2020 with the email address associated with your Snap! account, you will not have access to the Snap!Con 2020 section in the Snap! Forum. To remedy this, please fill out our Snap! Username Survey so we have your Snap! username to add you to the Forum.
Birds of a Feather (BOF) Sessions
We will start collecting topic suggestions for BOFs when the conference begins. Please propose your own BOFs on our dedicated Snap!Con BOF forum. Signal your intent to attend a BOF by clicking the "Vote" button on each proposal. Right now, there are slots for 8 BOFs.
Proposals will be considered until Saturday night, August 1 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Joining a Session
All sessions will be held over Zoom. Find what the Zoom URL is for a session by navigating to the event on the program, and clicking the link under the presenter names called “Join Live Event”. Please note that you must be logged into snapcon.org to see these URLs.
Sharing Your Screen
Some sessions will have interactive components for attendees to showcase what they’ve worked on in the session. If you need to share your screen, please follow these screen sharing instructions for how to do so.
Each session will be recorded and will be available after the conference linked to each session in the program.
Note for Speakers
A few items to remember:
- Review the screen share instructions above.
- If you have multiple speakers, they will be allowed to speak - just mute/unmute yourself.
- During the session, you can chat with participants in the Zoom room - just make sure you are posting to everyone and not privately.
- For any pre or post session discussion, please use the Snap! Forum post for your session.
- You can edit your session to add materials to share with your session attendees, update your abstract, and add an event subtitle.
- Add a profile picture to your account so your headshot can appear on the program with your event. Once you are logged into the Snap!Con website, you can edit your user profile.
Questions? Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you soon!
Snap!Con 2020 Team