PAUSE All doesn't Pause

Please fill out these questions for all feature requests and bug reports. If you're requesting a feature, please let us know why this feature is important or useful, not just what it should do.
Thanks!

1. What browsers show this problem?
    Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  2. Please share an example project (if possible). Included
  3. Describes the steps to reproduce this issue. Just RUN
  4. What does Snap! currently do? Doesn't pause at PAUSE All
  5. What should Snap! do instead? It should.

Just to reiterate, if the PAUSE ALL block is the last block in a sequence, it does not pause execution and falls through it finishing and exiting the block.
However, if debug single step is active, and one steps to it then it does Pause.

If it is NOT the last block,then it stops as expected:

Use case: I was trying to examine script vars by adding a Pause at the end of the various blocks. Examining vars before exiting a routine is a frequent debug activity.

Yes, that should work. I'm guessing it's a bug about tail call elimination, @jens?

huh?! could be, let me investigate...

I can't reproduce the bug. It is pausing for me, even when it's the last block in a stack. It just doesn't highlight the pause block - because there's nothing left to execute - but the pause button in the IDE correctly visualizes the pausing.

Yes, the pause button indicates a pause, but right-clicking on the script doesn't show its script variables in the context menu, so I still say this is a tail call elimination bug.

No, that's apparently not what's happening. When pausing a thread I'm first checking whether it's ready to terminate anyway, in which case I terminate it right away instead of pausing it first. Let me play with removing that test...

Just to make sure, I did the REBOOT PC / RESTART SNAP cycle. Same result.
By the way, @bh: When Paused, I do see script vars listed when R-clicking script.

Interesting. Even when the Pause All is the last thing in the script?

Thanks! I've just fixed this for the upcoming release :slight_smile: