Passing a function reporter with input slot twice

Hi,
I wrote a procedure wich draws a parameterized function which is passed to this procedure:
Morph script pic
The parameterized functions (in this case "circle") accept inputs between 0 and 1 and report a single point as list (x,y). The draw procedure draws all points by running from t=0 to t=1 in steps of e.g. 0.01

Now I want to write a morph procedure, which animates a morphing from one function to another function:
Morph script pic (1)
The morph procedure should use the draw procedure above to draw a linear combination of the two functions passed to it. I tried something like this inside the morph procedure:
Morph script pic (3)

But it doesn't work (no error, but nothing is drawn).

Fa and Fb are the parameterized functions which are passed to the morph procedure.
Is it possible to pass Fa and Fb (resp. the linear combination of them) to the draw procedure so that it handles it as a reporter function with empty input slots?

Thanks for your hints,
Karl

Calculation involving lambdas (function/ ringified expression / unevaluated parameters) does not create another lambda (rather NaN).
The simplest form to get desired result is to explicity call the embedded function
untitled script pic - 2023-04-01T191827.657

Other options:

• using standard library "Iteration, composition".
    untitled script pic - 2023-04-01T192511.504
    can be expressed as
    untitled script pic - 2023-04-01T192516.869
    The whole expression may be quite complex ... so custom block can be created (variadic compose)
    compose script pic

• metaprogramming, transform the expression to call the function based on parsed execution tree.
    untitled script pic - 2023-04-01T195559.009

• do not draw the "function". Calculate the vector of the drawing then draw a polygon
    compose script pic (3)
    With the hyper blocks any manipulation become trivial
    compose script pic (4)

• convince the :snap: team to make the "lambda'nes" transitive and the "call" recursive.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking for. Could you spell it out and/or give an example? Tnx.

Hello Dardoro,

your first suggestion above gave me the hint to solve my problem.
I built a simple test case: The function feed has a lambda with one input slot as parameter:
Astroide script pic

feed looks like this:
Astroide script pic (1)

By passing the lambda function again with an empty input slot of the call reporter to the function "ten points of" anything works as desired.

Astroide script pic (2)

I think the problem was a "knot in my brain".
thank you,
Karl

I mean
untitled script pic - 2023-04-02T143809.558
become
untitled script pic - 2023-04-02T143813.412
and be evaluated properly with the "call".
Or for the practical reason expression can be inlined at the initial evaluation as
untitled script pic - 2023-04-02T143817.483

The function composition can be expressed just as
untitled script pic - 2023-04-02T153929.578
instead of hand-cratfted prefix+infix hybrid
untitled script pic - 2023-04-02T170345.709

Thank you.

Thank you for helping me as well :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.