No Auto emojis

Personally, I like the emojis better. But I think this is a good request as you can easily add an emoji with the emoji button on the toolbar when replying.

But it’s ugly doing a quote and we are too lazy to do <span>

We can actually turn on votes or make a poll!

But also, it seems like this could be a per-user setting built into Discourse, possibly even a plugin.
Emoji user preferences - feature - Discourse Meta but there hasn't been much traction....

:smiley: can be entered as

1. :D
  2. :smiley:

Disabling only 1. do not harm anyone.

It's really easy and literally takes no time.

I swear, polls were enabled back when I joined snap, but I understand why they were disabled.

for the topic:
I also want this, because the ◀▶ symbols turn into :arrow_backward::arrow_forward: (I may be wrong because they look fine in the preview)

edit: ok, they do look fine in the preview, but they turn into emojis outside the preview, and the edit box. That is really bad design.

Okay, I hereby declare that Michael gets more votes than anyone else so we should do it. Then we'll see if anyone complains.

Well, to be honest I am in the group that likes auto emojis. :slight_smile: (And unlike iOS discourse actually choses the right mapping for :), where as Apple uses :blush:)

(Well, actually, what confuses me more is the 2 character limit we set before the emoji filter popup kicks in. But eh. Not a big deal)

make a setting for it maybe?

12 not 7

13 not 12 :man_facepalming:

someone else voted after I said that.

[rhetorical answer=“No”]Is this really important?[/rhetorical]

Does it really matter?
It was 7 at the time I posted and 12 at the time sirhopsalot posted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.