My version of Conway's Game of Life

https://snap.berkeley.edu/embed?projectname=Game%20of%20Life&username=s732939&showTitle=true&showAuthor=true&editButton=true&pauseButton=true

Um, how do you play it?

Also, welcome!

This is... super cool! I've been trying to make a Conway's simulation for a while, actually. None of my attempts got as good as this!

You can press [SPACE] to pause, and then you draw on the grid. Then you press [SPACE] to unpause! Then the simulation will run.

I like how you use MY NEIGHBORS and TOUCHING? together to get the sprites next to you.

But I had to read the code to find out how to play it. Maybe the first time you click the green flag it should display a screen of instructions, and after the first time it actually plays the game.

Also, (n+1) mod 2 is cleverer than necessary; you could use 2-n instead. :~)

Also, besides r for a random starting position, maybe g should start with a glider gun!

The instructions are in the project notes

This is very confusing

That would not work, because the code is supposed to toggle between 0 and 1. If you used 2 - n, it would be 2 - 1 = 1 and 2 - 0 = 2, which are not the expected results. (n + 1) mod (2) does give the expected result, (1 + 1) mod 2 = 0 and (0 + 1) mod 2 = 1. I've used this many times to create a toggle, because it's the fastest way. The simple way would be to use an if else statement.

Edit: after thinking about it, 2 - n is even more clever than (1 + n) mod 2, because I just realized, it toggles between 0 and 2. The thing is, it makes a lot more sense to toggle between 0 and 1, not 0 and 2. And people who know how to use mod may understand the mod version better.

should be 1-n or <not n>

Okay, I spoke too quickly. It's supposed to toggle between 1 and 2, so what I really meant was 3-n.

Ah, but the provided link takes pains to fill the entire screen with the game board, so I never saw the notes! :~/

Yeah, I think there should be a button in the editor and maybe the embed to show notes. That way they'd be a bit more prominent.

I love it !

Very fun!