Multi person editing

It shows but doesn’t work, exepet I think you can with moderators but that counts as a reporting feature

We are working on making it easier for Snap! mods to stay up to date, and we definitely have NetsBlox in mind as a test case, although it's a really complicated mod. (That's where the money comes in.)

I know you said a while ago you were working with Brian Broll to make Netsblox or some of its features a library in Snap!. Is that still a project that is being worked on?

Yes, but not quickly. Brian has other projects, and this one isn't funded.

I like the idea, but I just don't think it's a complete idea YET. For example, what if one person drags an entire chunk of code outside of another piece of code and DELETES it while some person's holding it and dragging it around? That would be annoying...

Good idea, just not there yet.

yeah

you do not need automatic saving. you can just communicate changes over webrtc or mqtt or something and the author can choose when to save.

Yeah there are a lot of those cases to consider. Even with one person editing, it's hard to know how to respond to an UNDO click. Should we undo the motion of sprites after whatever edit the user wants to undo? That's why those things haven't happened yet.

On the other hand, NetsBlox does multiple simultaneous editing, so they must have found some way to answer the what-if questions well enough so the whole structure doesn't collapse around them.

That's true in theory, but trust me, when multiple users start editing the same project together, there will be times when they want a backup! ;~P

I think I have an idea for how this could work

The project itself would still be hosted on the snap servers, but the actual connection for the 2 creators would be lan/peer-to-peer so the snap servers wouldn’t have to manage all the info

Oh.

Good idea!

that is exactly webrtc

git integrations with Snap! would be AWESOME!

Smerge is a version control system for the block-based language Snap! , which enables collaboration and tinkering in the classroom.

Woah!

Yes, it's a great idea for enabling real-time multi-person code editing would enhance collaborative game development, allowing simultaneous contributions and live visibility into each other's edits for a smoother team coding experience.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.