Library Jam

Huh...interesting.

Time is officially up to submit. I will be reviewing everything now.

First Place is: Measurements Library - earthrulerr
Second Place is: block ops - cameron8299
Third Place is: binary tree - bombmanyeeted
And Fourth Place is: better lists and var - sirhopsalot
o--------------------------------------------------------------------o
This won't be the last library jam hosted.

Wha - for god's sake, it was made before the jam started.

Let me review it (Because you might be biased).

1. Firstly, the "squared" block isn't needed. Here's a substitute:
    Original:
    untitled script pic
    Substitute:
    untitled script pic (1)
    They both do the same thing!

2. Secondly, here's another block not needed!
    Original:
    AsADecimalBlock
    Substitute:
    SubstituteBlock2
    Again, it does the same thing.

I could go on and on and on. The truth is, all those blocks aren't really needed. Apart from the "celsius to fahrenheit" or "fahrenheit to celsius" blocks. If I were to give a score, I'd say around 3/10.

Apart from the 2 blocks that convert temperatures, the other blocks aren't original.

There wasn't even anything inside their project! It's just a blank project!

I feel like sirhopsalot should have gotten third place. Then bombmanyeeted would get fourth place.

I mean, cameron8299's blocks may be difficult to understand, but at least their blocks were intricate and complicated. I feel like cameron should have gotten first.

But, there was only one judge, so I guess I should have expected biased results.

Wow! Thank you! Congrats to everyone else and to everyone who joined!

Already stated that in submission.

What about kilo to mile and vise versa, the main blocks for this were the kilo to mile (vv) and the f to c (vv)

Also mins to seconds a bit. The squared and decimal block do not really matter.

It also doesn’t matter if there are unnecessary blocks they can be removed… it matters how good the blocks are that are good.

Maybe actually look at the project and at the variables category……?

check the variables tab

wasn't much of a bias i just chose the entries that had the most utility in an actual project.

This is a fair point. If it matters i can disqualify earthrulerr and cameron8299 would've won

Let me define bias in statistics in the simplest way possible.

Let's say you are making a petition for changing your school's menu so that it's not...as...garbag-I, I mean, so that people can get more stuff on the menu! However, let's say that you are an extrovert and either have like 10 something friends and 3 siblings who go to your school, or some people who enjoy your presence.

Let's also assume that you would like chocolate milk on the menu if your school doesn't. So whoever signs your petition wants chocolate milk.

Anyways, only a few 4 people sign your petition and they don't know you, or they don't care to like you or not. They are just ordinary people, and not your friends.

Next, your friends and siblings sign your petition. That makes 19 people (2 people enjoy your presence, 10 friends, 3 siblings, and 4 people). However, this may be biased because, well, 15 people who like you and signed your petition probably just agreed to earn your respect.

I'm not saying that you choose earthrulerr's submission as first place because you are either friends with him or admire him. I don't want to make an accusation.

What I am saying though is that with only one judge, you can agree with your own results, thus you are biased. With many judges, you can vote with each other to come to a conclusion different from your results.

well mine was already created as well but let me suggest, the only reason you know that is because im telling you, i couldve just as easily claimed otherwise and if i were a cheater trying to win i would probably just say i followed all the rules, especially the ones i'd broken. trying to enforce restrictions like this only draws more attention towards them and encourages people to find more inventive ways to essentially cheat.

in this particular case, i say all entries incorporate premeditated ideas / techniques / resources originating from outside the 3 day scope of this friendly contest, so, and this is my advice,

disqualify all participants. ban everyone. no one wins. make sure that everyone

1. gets notified of their loss

2. is disappointed

before you leave.

I just didn't place any scripts inside the project, mostly because the last sprite had too many blocks inside of it, and was so messy that I just deleted the sprite and got a new one.

joke

(which is why the sprite is blue, if it was green I would die)

I hope you actually get to see the blocks inside the library and say something about it, because I think you didn't really say anything about it, because you didn't find the binary tree blocks.

Oh. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's ok.

thanks!