Legitimate question-should a project use a remixed version of a song or the original version

I don't wanna have my friends/team get copyrighted for an honest mistake,so should we use a remixed version of a song(i.e Nightcore) or the original source material in our project?

if we use undertale songs or deltarune songs, it should be fine bc toby's an all around nice guy and won't care

ok ok...But what about songs like the coffin dance

people have already done that specific song (still think we should use stronger monsters.)

because this is what happens when people get copyrighted
If you used someone else's copyrighted material and commercially profited from that use, you may have to pay him monetary damages, and court may prohibit you from further using his material without his consent. A federal judge may also impound your material and order you to immediately destroy it.
and i don't want all the efforts you guys made to be destroyed

ik what ur saying, but still, we only have 10mb anyway

there was actually a question abt this, & the mods are fine if you use a copyrighted song in your project. if they get a copyright notice frm the owner the project would be taken down. since snap isnt rlly well known outside the programming community i doubt we will get a copyright notice

(btw, in the company topic i was joking abt the copyright thing :~P)

also we arent monetizing the game, are we?

no,because none of us will be able to tell our family why we're getting money.

;~)
well, if we only post the game on snap using the real song wouldnt be a big deal. if we post the project on a diff site we could just use the nightcore version

Bzzt. If you use a modified version of a song, that's just as much a copyright violation as using the original.

But nobody's going to sue you; you're just a kid with no assets. They might just make you take down whatever it is.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.