JavaScript Detection Boolean

I mean, just because you have a lot of Snap 7 projects, does not necessarily mean that you've been on Snap 7 longer.

Ever since I heard about development I have been making stuff. They are just not published.

I publish mine.

Just to get this back to being about coding :slight_smile:

I've not followed details of all the posts but I think it would be better to have a solution that uses other library blocks and not primitivies

Is that possible (maybe its been done and I've missed it - apologies if so)

I think that primitives are there for the benefit of library writers to avoid having to use native JS.

Obviously, sometimes (for speed purposes or another reason) then calling the primitives is the way to go

But for something like this where speed isn't an issue at all, I think much better practice to use the libraries

Just my thoughts :slight_smile:

What I like to do is I like using the PRIMITIVE primitives to make my block without using any other custom blocks, just in case someone wants to export just that one block. That's just how I operate. :slight_smile:

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it :slight_smile:

I'm with you in that it seems nice and neat if a custom block doesn't use any libraries of course - sometimes I manually insert code from a library just for the same reason. But it's not a good way to go :slight_smile:

I like that it gives me a challenge. Every time I do that, it tests my coding skills. I have to wire everything together. I have to place it in the right place and remember how it works. It's fun like that. :smiley:

I don't quite see the relationship between sticking to libraries vs primitives and what you've just said #Confused

If you look at my solution, I use the library blocks, and I know of a way to do it in snap 6.0 without libraries.

I perfer to use the library blocks because they make more sense, and if something has been done for you, there's no need to remake it (unless it’s a super simple and small thing)

I know how to make it without lib blocks to but it shows a big error in fullscreen

Yeah, ok.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.