Issue with comparisons in a custom block

What's problem you are encountering?
While I was creating a custom block to change a list by different amounts for each item, I found a value that is not able to be checked for by either the " equal " or "is identical to " block, which is the result of an "any unevaluated" slot with a zero insde of it.

What have you tried that didn't work?
I have tried using many combinations of the equals, if, is identical to, and list blocks, but nothing seems to be able to detect the difference between the number zero in the slot, and a reporter.

The goal of the block is in the top comment inside the program, with some examples of how it should work.

Post a project example, link, or screenshot:
https://snap.berkeley.edu/embed?projectname=Change%20list%20block&username=schoolcs002&showTitle=true&showAuthor=true&editButton=true&pauseButton=true

(Side question, how do I create the inline snap blocks in forum posts? (especially the ones with the actual code embedded in them))

Could you CALL the unevaluated zero?

Right Click a script, and press script pic :)­

I updated the code to just use the call blocks, but that did not allow the block to return the original value from the list, although it did make the code shorter.

I agree it's annoying that an empty Reporter ring doesn't give you the identity function.

But the official right way to accomplish your task is to use Reporter-type inputs rather than Any (unevaluated)-type: