Is there a term for a single key-value pair (other than key-value pair)?

Title says it all.

Key-value pair?

Other than key-value pair

Dictonary atom

name-value pair?

That is to say, what are your criteria? Are you hoping for a single word? I suppose you could use "definition." Or "entry," short for "dictionary entry."

But "key-value pair" really packs in a lot of information.

In Smalltalk we are used to calling a key-value pair an association.

Oh right! In Lisp too. Why didn't I think of that? I always think "association list" but I never really have occasion to talk about one element of the list.

hehe, in Smalltalk there's actually an Association class, so it's not something you have to remember :slight_smile: