Is remixing possible yet?

This project is a remix. Is there a way for me to do this yet? If there is, please say how.

I'm not sure I understand the question. If a project is shared, then you can open it, and you can save your own version in your own account. We don't yet store the remix history of a project, if that's what you're asking, but it's on our list.

No, we do save the remix history of a project, we just don't show the entire remix tree yet (just the parent and child projects), but the data is there in the DB.

Ah, thank you.

So if I go and I save a copy of another user's project, it'll show up as a remix and I won't just steal the project?

That's correct :slight_smile:

If you aren't logged in and you try to cloud save a copy of the project, it tells you to log in. If you go to a new tab and log in and hit "keep me logged in", then save the project as a copy on the other tab, you remix your own project. Should this be fixed?

What's wrong with remixing your own project?

If every save counts as a remix, that generates a lot of noise in the remix tree, so it's harder to extract what you really want to know, which is who else remixes you!

Only when you “save as” should projects be counted as remixes. As long as the project is a new, different version we will make a remix. The UI will filter out your own remixes, but we may consider whether to tweak the display settings in the future.

1 Like

But also, to be clear, the remix tree is going to only show projects that you are allowed to view. If you remix a project but keep it private (the default) then no one will know.

1 Like

Wait, is there a remix tree page yet?

There is a remix widget, not page. When you visit a project that's been remixed, like this one, you'll see a list of remixes at the bottom of the page. It has a funny bug that I need to fix someday, though. It thinks it's got more pages than it actually has and breaks if you try to go past the last real page...

Remix tree would be a great thing. The remix list is only for the project you're on, not the entire tree.