iPad keyboards... sigh

Not that I want to start using iPads for everything, in my specific use case it makes sense for me to use iPads with keyboards.

My students are designing apps for a touch screen, that has a keyboard. To test their apps, it makes sense to use a keyboard (to change the state of the app). However, keyboards on iPads are only active when an input area is focused. I found this javascript workaround javascript - IOS show keyboard on input focus - Stack Overflow

Below is a block that activates the iPad keyboard. Just wondering if anyone has worked on something similar and posting this for future forum hunters.

https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=tbeatty&ProjectName=iPad%20keyboard%20demo%20

Are you trying to share something, or do you need help... ?

If anyone has a better solution I would love to hear it.

Also sharing.

Well, you can create a keyboard within the project using clones or stamps. If you want, I'll try to make one for you...

Here is a pen keyboard I made: Snap! 6.9.2 Build Your Own Blocks
This also supports computer key presses.
I will be adding more to it soon...
Thank you @dardoro for fixing the bugs.

Wow! That is great.

I am looking for the events from the keyboard... not sure if that would be possible.

Thank for your work!

Could you explain? I can possibly add what you suggest.

I think I know what your talking about. I just created a joystick in the same project.