Ideas for a game console thing i'm making out of an old pc

What would be a good approach for this if i were aiming for a mixture of NES and PS1 style design philosophy and games?
Specs: 4 Gigabytes of ram, x86 CPU, preferring to use DOS as a base for everything but might budge if given help on how to make C code run on baremetal x86 (it would have to compile on windows), 2 USB SNES Controllers

well, before you do anything, you'll need to figure out how to run snap games in msdos... which happens to be very old. i don't think you can run html and css on dos... unless some crazy programmer figured it out. and 4gb is a lot of memory for dos, are you sure your not talking about some other operating system or a feature, like command prompt?

Nah, not really related to snap, and def not cmd, lol i hate it when people call cmd the dos prompt, one's literally a self contained OS, aka the only thing your pc runs when turned on and with it installed, and one's a direct text based system interface for windows, (get it right, (other) internet forum doods!)
and i'd use a smaller ram amount but generational incompatibility >:( so i don't have any smaller sized ram modules that will fit

on a similar note though i think one could theoretically run Scratch 1.4 on win 95 (or 3.1, with the win 95 forwards compatability libraries installed)

dos just means disk operating system

Yeah, but i can build a shell around it lol, autoexec my beloved

Hello, this is Gulshan Negi.
Well, if you want to create and play a mixture of NES and PS1-style games on a system with 4GB of RAM and an x86 CPU, there are several options available to you. You could use DOS as a base and run emulators for NES and SNES games, as well as PlayStation emulators for PS1-style games. You could also develop your own games using a programming language such as C or C++ and cross-compile your code to run on DOS. For design philosophy, you could focus on simple and challenging gameplay for NES-style games and more complex gameplay and storytelling for PS1-style games, with varying levels of graphics and sound capabilities depending on your system's hardware.
Thanks

Woah.

I’m pretty sure dos begins to break down with that much memory
Consider upgrading to xp as I don’t think it would be possibly to do that on dos