I Lost All My Code

1. What browsers show this problem?
    Chrome
  2. Please share an example project (if possible).
    https://snap.berkeley.edu/project?user=r4356th&project=Word%20Processor
  3. Describes the steps to reproduce this issue.
  4. What does Snap! currently do?
    Does not show the message called "Start" and deletes all my code when I reload the project after saving
  5. What should Snap! do instead?
    Should show everything properly

Sorry to hear that you lost your work on your Snap project. It's probably just a server error or you just forgot to save. I doesn't automatically save and it's also better if you save and backup locally as well.

Have you tried recovering it?
(If not and you don't know how to do it, File > Open > Word Processor > Recover)

I'm sorry you lost your project. Did recover work?

Are you saying that just having the scripts shown in the screenshot you posted is enough to cause this bug? I am unable to reproduce that. I can't reproduce it in your example project, either. Was there something else going on that might contribute to the problem?

I don't know. I was playing with your wordplay project you showed in YTLF, at first and worked on another project which I did not save and replaced the second one with a new one, which caused the bug. I do not usually work on Chrome nowadays. Could that be a clue? And can you see the code now? (I have not recovered the project yet.)

I will try that.

I know that.

Oh, and one more thing, I had resized both the block pallette and stage.

Recovering the project did not work. :frowning:

Yeah, I just checked and we have no nonempty backups for that project. I'm sorry. I think you somehow managed to save a new project (new as in empty) over the old one. I suppose resizing the UI parts could be relevant somehow, but I don't offhand see how.

I see. :cry: