How to post?

Does anyone know how to post projects In Snap? i really want to find that before i continue making more projects. i really don’t know how this app works as i’m only a 9th grader and i Need to be using this app for coding in my class

Welcome to Snap!!

If you’re in the Snap! application itself, in a window that looks like this:


then to publish the project you click on the file icon :page_facing_up:, select Open, click on the project name in the list of projects, then click “Share”. Then after you say yes to the are-you-sure popup, there will be a new button “Publish” and you click that.

If you are in the Snap! community site, with a window that looks like this:


then you can just push the Publish button to the right of the project image.

thanks (no idea how you have pics of my project things)

He’s a snap developer, so he has access to a lot more stuff

You share them
Your public personal page

he had the pics 5 hours BEFORE i posted it

It’s true. I don’t know for sure since I’m not a dev, but I’m pretty sure they can see projects as they’re being made. I don’t know. But the point is that he’s a dev and can do more than we can. :P

uh only slightly interesting thingy is that he has all of MY project permissions, such as deleting it and others.

Maybe it’s because if there’s any projects inappropriate for site standards being made, devs can delete it right away. I don’t know :P.

alright then (i cast curse of :3 on YOU)

Sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you. I just thought it’d be easier for you to understand using your familiar project. In retrospect I should probably have used one of my own projects to make those pictures.

We don’t generally look inside unpublished work. But we do sometimes have to connect to someone’s account, usually because they email contact@snap asking for help reconnecting to their account when something goes wrong.

If you don’t share or publish a project, what’s inside it is your own business. Even if it’s racist or sexist or something, we don’t want to know as long as it’s a private project. I guess we’d have to make an exception for child pornography, which in the US is illegal to possess even if you don’t publish it. I don’t know of anything else like that, but IANAL. Oh, I suppose if the size of our cloud storage suddenly jumps by a terabyte or something we might feel a need to delete stuff.

But I guess I didn’t feel bad about using your project to make those thumbnails because the context is that you were asking how to publish it!

We’re good guys. We’re on your side. Sorry for upsetting you.

no its fine i just wasn’t expecting you to go onto my project before i even release the game. its perfectly fine don’t worry