How to make a multi-item list inside of a list without making it a column?

I want to make something like this
but using something like this doesnt work
edit: I used the + button in the first pic to make it

Right-click the table, then click list view. As far as I know, there's no way (without js) to make it automatically be in list view.

Edit: oh wait, if you shift+click the options menu (gear icon) you can disable table support.

Thank you!

@ego-lay_atman-bay I didn't realize that shift-clicking the "Settings" icon revealed additional options. Thank you for pointing this out!

Although on closer inspection, it appears (as you would expect) that most of these features are ones that would be rarely used. Still, it is interesting to see another feature set. Snap! appears to be like an onion with an infinite number of layers. Just as you learn about one set of capabilities, another set of features appears over the horizon.

the reason most of those options are in red, and under a shift+click menu, is because they're just there to keep compatibility. They're not meant for a regular user to use. btw, there's a lot more shift+click menus. You might as well explore the editor and press shift on pretty much anything. I guarantee you'll find a lot more stuff.

i would like a way to be able to specify which lists show up in table view or list view. ive had a couple projects with an object oriented set up where I had a variable holding each object which were all associative lists (basically a list of lists/key value pairs) where I'd like to see each entry (list view) but then any other list I wanted to look at as a table would show up in the list veiw also

You can, sort of. Right-click any list, and select either list view or table view. The list you right-click on can be a list inside a list.

There is no way to automatically do it for each item in a list, so you'll have to just stick to table view.

Here's a tip, if you want to see more of an item in table view, you can click and drag the number (row) up or down to change the height of all the rows. Dragging the letter changes the width of the column (not all of them).

yeah but it resets when you click the flag.

here's an example to kind of show what i mean, list view looks really nice but table view is basically useless.

ps, try holding the shift key when dragging the columns ;​)

The reason it resets, is because you're setting objs to a new list, even if it doesn't look like it.. To get around that, you can use

[scratchblocks]
delete (all v) of (objs)
[/scratchblocks]

Instead of

[scratchblocks]
set [objs v] to (list @addInput :: list)
[/scratchblocks]

I did not know about that. Thanks.

oh yeah i noticed that those kinda did the same thing. wouldnt you need to use the set variable at least once to get a handle on the list? i guess you could test if it is a list and if so delete all if not set it to an empty one. i just feel like i need to make sure any variable pointing to a list is properly initialized because its not a list by default. i assume variables save the state they were in when the project was saved but i dont trust that enough to rely on. but yea thanks for pointing that out does just what i need

Don't worry, the lists are stored in the project, even the size of the list. The only thing it doesn't save (I think) is table row/column size.

One tip, that I use, is when I want to preserve list watcher formatting, I remove any set list initialisation statements and replace them with the delete all items block instead.

what?

Instead of setting a list to a value at start of programs - delete all the items in it instead

This means your list watcher stays in whatever mode (list or table) and size you've set

oookayyy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.