how to make 3d using pen

OHHHHHH! I get it! You're using that funny (to me) way to describe it because in Scratch 3.0 you have to ask specially for the pen blocks!

For us, that's just the regular way to do things. Look at

https://snap.berkeley.edu/project?user=ungetoastet&project=3D%20Waves

untitled script pic
It's not 3D, but it's not a square or triangle either.

To make 3D code, you basically have to replace TURN with blocks that control pitch, yaw, and roll, and instead of drawing on the screen, you maintain a list of 3D coordinates of points visited by your replacement for MOVE. Then, separately, take the list of 3D coordinates and project them onto the plane of the state, which is where the trigonometry comes in. Then you have a list of 2D points, which you draw as usual.

To make it fancy, you let the user control the camera position and direction, which means projecting the 3D points onto a different 2D plane.

I don't think it's actually so very hard if you understand the trig. It's a lot of code, but using well-chosen custom blocks you can make each piece of the code simple.

Particularly rotating vectors(dots,points)

Its a snowflake :rofl:

Sorry, what's a snowflake?

oh i see its not a snowflake.
what i want to mean is squiral

Oh I see. Multiple axes of symmetry is easy, just draw a circle. :~)

What my script draws is called a squiral. The reason for the name will be clear if you replace the 92 with 90.

squiral loop

1 Like

Wow! I think that may be the most beautiful project I've ever seen. I couldn't stop watching it! Thank you!

1 Like