How to load a default project at startup

only around 125 commits in the last 11 days :wink:

This is what I thought, but at GitHub - jmoenig/Snap at v8.0.0 all folders say months/years ago. Is there another branch where to download the development version from?

Look at commits :slight_smile:

Ok. Beautiful page :slightly_smiling_face: And then... (sorry, I'm a repository noob)

Thank!
Feedback a question:When the default language is not English, xml cannot be loaded.
==============================================================
i found it.
gui.js
line 705: this.loadNewProject = true; //change ---->this.loadNewProject = false;

To make fewer moving parts, you may create eg. "bootstrap.html" with iframe pointing to snap.html directory.
The project XML is loaded with standard :snap: inter-frame comm api.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <script>
        window.addEventListener(
          "load"
          , function(){
              let project ="escape project XML here at https://jsfiddle.net/y0wsp57n/4/ ";
              document.getElementById("snap").contentWindow.postMessage( { selector :"loadProjectXML", params :[ unescape( project)]}, "*");
            }
      );
    </script>
  </head>
  <body>
    <iframe id="snap" src="snap.html" style="position:absolute; top:0; left:0; width:100%; height:100%; border:0"></iframe>
  </body>
</html>

This way, you can create multiple bootstrap html with different projects, using a single :snap: instance.
Strings embedded in HTML should be encoded :link:

If you want/can lift the restrictions with eg.
"path_to_chrome\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir=/tmp/unsafe --allow-file-access-from-files file:///d:/work/snapmaster.v8/bootstrap.html
it can be further streamlined to

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <script>
        window.addEventListener(
          "load"
          , function(){
              let project = document.getElementById("project").contentDocument.documentElement.outerHTML;
              document.getElementById("snap").contentWindow.postMessage( { selector :"loadProjectXML", params :[ project]}, "*");
            }
      );
    </script>
  </head>
  <body>
    <iframe id="project" src="Examples/animal-game.xml" hidden></iframe>
    <iframe id="snap" src="snap.html" style="position:absolute; top:0; left:0; width:100%; height:100%; border:0"></iframe>
  </body>
</html>

Still waiting for someone telling me how to download the latest Snap code

FYI In general, the Snap! master branch contains the latest developments, there isn't a separate "dev" branch.

Thanks, but it doesn't seem so. It says released in August, and when I download it all files are dated august, 4th. So, how do I download the latest version with all the commits included?

eh? seriously, just download the repo, not a release.

I told you Jens. I don't know a thing about repos. I can just go there, and click download. Now I changed to the "default" branch (I don't even know how branches are handled) and it seems that has recent changes. As it was the "default", I supposed it was what I was seeing, but I was wrong (and I don't even understand why I was wrong)

I really don't understand all these questions. Why can't you just use Snap! as it is?

Maybe the problem was that I was accessing the code from the Snap editor link?

I need a default project :slight_smile:

Look at @moodykeke last post and click on the links pointed to

I get that, Stefano. My question is, isn't dragging-and-dropping a file into a window an accessible user interface for university students, and if so, how come?

Thanks everybody. It worked! And sorry for bothering you all with unimportant stuff unrelated to Snap.

I'm dealing with middle school students that never heard about programming (and don't even use a PC as today's young people only use cellphones; so dragging and dropping is something strange to them). Last point: as you know, my position is "don't ask them to do something that could be done automatically, as the uninterested part ot them (about 70%) will immediately stop listening to you"

(background story: I'm creating a pseudolanguage for them without using my old BloP, that I never updated to 8.0; and 8.0 is so much better)

Ah, got it, thanks! And good luck with the project!