How to draw using pen by only using their perspective drawing board?

there's nothing wrong with using tell and ask
i'm not particularly good at this section of snap either, but what i usually do with multiple sprites/clones is

• sandbox scripts to let them run ahead and see what happens (this is part of the reason why i keep talking about lambda environments, i want to do more of this)
  • have seperate things that don't need any communication, or very little communication where all that's needed is a broadcast or such
  • use a bunch of clones that run their own scripts, but are all managed by the parent (like scrolling notes in a rhythm game), sometimes even clones of clones to get a nice tree structure of elements

there are already much more clever uses i could think of, but it can get very complicated.

also considering some of the questions you're asking, have you read the manual?

yes

I just wanted workarounds and solutions-

ps:this can be more easily done by a list and a pen

no, the clones are easier. clones can be made to run their own independent scripts without worrying about ways to make scripts synchronous. pen doesn't give any advantages.

i'm a bit suspicious that you like what you're calling "javascript style" because you know what it is, not because it's actually better.
even javascript has async functions, which does the exact same threading behavior as snap.

sprites have a lot more than position, and you just said yourself ASK lets you communicate between sprites. why would you even need anything else?

pen makes you even less worried about thread i/o fighting
parellization is just a mess

i use parallelization in a ton of my javascript and it works just fine. tons of web technologies are built around parallelization to make things faster and often easier.

oh

yup

JAVASCRIPT IS FINE!

I even use JavaScript for developing my Snap! games, any workaround WORKS!
I just wanted this to work...

sorry if it got buried underneath all that mess, i mentioned before

if those are unclear, by the first i mean every time a sprite draws with the pen, it should use (pen trails) to take whatever it did as a costume (switch to costume, save to a variable, etc), then clear the pen for other things to use.
the other just means get one big pen drawing sprite that does all the pen, and other sprites can tell it what it needs to do

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.