how do you make things move with java script???

Don't be mean to Sean. He's just a kid. Pick on @kimmie46 or someone like that.

1 Like

Yeah, pick on me. I can handle that. Shovel all your sarcasm on me :grinning:

1 Like

Hmm...I would rather cry on my keyboard, and vent my struggles in google docs on my assignments than dare to be mean to anyone.(unless i'm really having a bad day or sprained my ankle, I would probably be even worse if I sprained my right wrist or broke it, seeing as how I use that hand to draw, and drawing is my favorite talent.)

It is not my intention to pick on anyone in particular, but the whole (sub-)culture of dismissing Snap! as being too childish and - because of this - wanting to learn JS, instead of learning Snap!, is what I am picking on.

It doesn't bother me as much, although I agree with you that Snap! is a better language for them to learn than JS is. But when I installed a Unix system in a high school in 1980, all the kids wanted to learn C instead of Logo, which was the language for learning back then, because it was clear to them that the grownups programmed in C and so that's what they wanted to do too. That made things harder for them, but the C kids grew up and got great programming jobs or started companies or whatever (one is a cog sci professor). And they still had me as a teacher, so they learned not to put comments in their code. :~)