How can I draw calligraphy in Snap!?

Oh I see. It's a misfeature that it doesn't say MAXIMUM INPUT LIST: in that case. I wonder if it confuses anyone besides me.

Definitely not me.

I just checked it out, and the problem I have with it is that it's designed for visible animation, not instant interpolation.

That's its main purpose, but it'll do any kind of interpolation, it says here.

Try doing this:
cg script pic(1)
It gives the right result:

but it takes a second to finish. Now try this:
cg script pic(2)
It's virtually instant, but it gives the wrong result.

You can try using the untitled script pic (3) block directly. It returns a ring that can be called with a number input in the range of 0.0-1.0.

I don't know what you mean by

Okay, you're right, I was wrong, the animation library isn't what you want.

I'm going back to your original question (improve INTERMEDIATE POSITIONS OF) but I need help understanding the shape of the input, i.e., why do you need the RESHAPE and the COLUMNS?

...But anyway, you can't really have a fractional pen size. I mean, you can, but in the end Snap! can only draw where there are pixels on your screen.

Most of the other blocks in the library use the easing block under the hood. That's what I meant by directly.

If I'm reading the situation right, this is a block that you might want:

It's not hyperizable though, or whatever it's supposed to be called. Trying to put a list as start and end doesn't give correct results.

(Hopefully it works properly)

coming late to this party, since I'm still on vacation, I like to use nested sprites / clones to make my own calligraphic pen nibs. Here's a quick demo I've just made for fun:

Cool, so this is what calligraphy is? i just made a block to set the pen width and height lol

Also, have fun on your vacation! Hope it isn't pouring like it is here

The start and end positions are 2-item lists (x y).

Unfortunately I do need it to work with 2-item lists.

I like it!

Jens, you're brilliant. Your quick throwaway projects are cooler than my long-time-spent projects! I love this one.

I found it useful to give the clones different colors, to help me understand how it works.

yet my width and height got total darkness even when asked to see it...

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.