Help with platform game

I really need some help with completing my assignment. How do I switch screens once the character gets to the end of the screen? Also, how do i hide sprites and make them show up? Finally, how do i create a reset command?

For switching screens, you should have something like this script in the HERO sprite:
and this script in the Stage (called Set in the project):
As for hiding and showing sprites, it's actually already built into Snap! in the Looks category:
image image
Also, what do you mean by 'reset command'? Like, a custom block that will set the coords of the hero to a specific spot, or what?

By reset command, I mean that when 'z' is pressed, the entire program restarts. Its starts in original screen, with only 3 lives, and no power boosts. Thank you,I will try that command out. Should i create two of those commands as I need to switch screens 2 times? From my original screen to the next, to the final one. Or do I only need one. I am creating a platform game, if that helps to know about my situation.

We really can't do your homework for you. But it sounds like you just have to convert your words to code:

when 'z' is pressed
original screen
3 lives
no power boosts

P.S. "Snap! 6.5.0 Build Your Own Blocks" isn't a very good title for a thread; we know already from the category that you want help with something, but the title has to tell us something about the kind of help you need.

I am sorry about that. This is the first time in my life that I am asking a question on an online forum like this. I might have overlooked the title of the forum when I was submitting a request for guidance. I am sorry if it seems like I am trying to make others do the homework for me. Thats not my intention, and that never was. I am seriously just in a mental blockade at the moment as I have read the Snap manual, researched online, and watched countless videos. After all of that, and still not coming with a solution, I decided to ask for help. This is for a homework, that is correct. But, I never meant bad intentions like someone else doing my homework for me. I just needed help as I have been stressed about how to finish this homework. I am sorry if it seemed that I was trying to make others do my homework, I never meant that.

Hey, it's okay. Welcome to the forum, and we're happy to help you figure out how to solve your problem. In particular, look at this:

You know where to find when ... blocks, and you know how to set the value of a variable. So that should get you most of the way there, no?

yea, welcome to the snap! community!

Thank you. How can I make a script move only vertically?

By reset command, I mean that when 'z' is pressed, the entire program restarts. Its starts in original screen, with only 3 lives, and no power boosts. Thank you,I will try that command out. Should i create two of those commands as I need to switch screens 2 times? From my original screen to the next, to the final one. Or do I only need one. I am creating a platform game, if that helps to know about my situation.

change-y

Do you mean that when the user says to reset, you want to show two screens, one after the other? Or do you mean that there are two screens from which the user might want to reset? In the latter case, you don't need two scripts, unless your script pays attention to what's on the screen to decide how to reset, which would be unusual.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.