Help: error expecting list but getting error

(This is a template, feel free to delete it.)

What's problem you are encountering?
Questions and answers are not showing up when I press play...error expecting list but getting error

What have you tried that didn't work?
I tried multiple times to make this work

Took me a while to figure this out. Your QUIZ ITEM constructor has input names question and answer. You also have global variables named Question and Answer, and those are the ones you actually used in constructing the quiz item.

In a well-designed educational programming language, such as Logo, variable names are case-independent, and then it wouldn't matter which orange variable oval you dragged into the LIST block. Alas, I haven't been able to convince my Snap! colleagues about this (although the fact that this problem wasn't obvious to me, let alone you, should count as proof), and so all your quiz questions and answers are the same.

But I don't see how that should give rise to the error message you say you're getting ("expecting list but getting error") and you don't get that message in your video clip, so I'm not sure if something else is wrong.

Also, you have ten extra sprites in your program, some of which have code attached and some don't. Since they all look the same it's hard to guess what they're meant to do.

Is this your homework from BJC Unit 2 Lab 2?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.