It's been bugging me recently, about how everyone is getting annoyed over this kid and their spamming.
For a language that's whole goal is teaching, this should be something to notice. If you treat a kid on the spectrum who is hyper fixating on snap like an annoying pest, how are you going to get other students to stick around if they see the staff bullying someone who wants to KNOW ALL THE THINGS, EVERY SINGLE THING about snap.
Yes, this kid is a lot of work, but if you work with them you'll probably have a better result than pushing them away.
I don't know this kid, and for all I know it's just a troll and I'm wrong.
Jens isn't angry about me asking questions about snap,or me programming a lot of things in snap.
He is angry about my load of minor bug reports,some of them are feature requests that he said that wont be implemented(but i did not read the update notes)
Yeah, he's a good kid. Jens is planning a release this week, and that always makes him less patient with distractions. I can remember, myself, getting in trouble long ago, as a kid, for asking too many questions, and I've also experienced deadline pressure, so I'm not picking sides about this.
But also, Jens worries that when the forum fills up with kids posting stuff about the innards of Snap!, it scares away the kids who want to talk about their projects. Even worse than asking questions about it is posting suggested patches to Snap!'s JS code, from the scaring-away perspective.
But usually Jens can manage not to yell at kids. He yells at me instead; I'm the designated whipping boy. :~)
I'm actually a little envious because back when I was a kid there wasn't a "spectrum" to be "on." If you spent all your time facing the corner and rocking back and forth, they sent you to an institution; anything less than that, they just let you sink or swim. But I think we should all refrain from making amateur diagnoses of individuals on the forum.
BH, I'm sure there's a time where if I was more of a chatter and less of a reader on the forums, you being the scapegoat would have saved me from a bit of anger from Jens too. I think 90% of what d4s_over_dt4 is asking is good questions (although sometimes it can be a bit much), and the other 10% is things that should be looked for in the Manual.
I enjoy the presence of the passionate new members in Snap! (and I was one not long ago, still not the most technical user).
Which is why I tried to hedge my bet and assume there was a possibility I was mistaken.
I do that, as a "gifted kid" that burned out because they never achieved anything beyond "gifted kid"
On an unrelated topic, I'm the one who contacted you during Snapcon asking if I could change my details as I didn't see a way to do it on my end? As that was a couple months ago, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't remember.
No, I set this username a while ago, 2020ish and I seldom log in. I'm trying to atleast log in to the forums more, and maybe post sometimes, but little steps. I usually lurk a lot. Step one would be a less ridiculous username. Well, slightly less ridiculous.
Would it be easier if I just created a different account on snap and either merge or delete this one?
Is this a reference to the 1969 song by The Hollies? I feel like it is a very interesting choice given the lyrics (of the song) and the topic matter (of this thread). And I don't mean that in a bad way - I do feel like it fits, at least a little bit. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting the lyrics :~)