Hangs when using sprite with 1x1 costume

Hello! I have an "asteroids"-like game project: https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=pavelbel&ProjectName=Asteroids-public
There is a bullet sprite and a child of it, a sprite with small 1x1 costume (I use it for speeding up collision detection with rocks). Sorry, names are in russian. The smaller one is the last in sprites list.
The problem is: when clicking or trying to move the 1x1 sprite in the list, the Snap! page immediately hangs.

1. What browsers show this problem? - Chrome & Firefox
  2. Please share an example project (if possible). - https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=pavelbel&ProjectName=Asteroids-public
  3. Describes the steps to reproduce this issue. - try click and/or move small 1x1 sprite in sprites list
  4. What does Snap! currently do? - Hangs
  5. What should Snap! do instead? - Do not hang!

And BTW, another problem: Rocks sometimes spawn with default "Arrow" costume. But I never switch to it.

Hello, anybody here? A real annoying GUI bug found!

Hi, I can't reproduce this issue. Can you be more specific or share a project that isolates the behavior you see more clearly? You project works fine for me.

Hi Jens! The project itself works fine, I know :slight_smile: The problem appears in editor, when I just click on sprite named "Основа пули" (it is the last sprite in sprites list under the app window). Snap window immediately stops responding.

And also did you see any rock appearing in "arrow" costume? It is an error too: I never switch to it

Hey, hey!

The bug with the rocks is easy to fix. It happens, because your project starts right away, meaning you might already be creating clones, before the costumes are "initialized". Just add a "switch to costume (aster_10_0)" block right below the "When I start as a clone"-block in your Камень sprite.

That should fix it.

For the other bug, I sent a video to Jens, because I can reproduce it. It's actually pretty cool (not for you, ofc). We'll keep investigating.

p.s.: great visuals. I really like how you animated the space ship propulsion <3

Crazy, I can't reproduce it on my Computer in Chrome. No matter what I try....
Same with Firefox, everything works, I can click on the problematic sprite, nothing breaks for me. Geez!

Ooooh, how interesting!... investigating...

Okay, now I can reproduce it somewhat reliably. Working on a fix...

Thank you Jadga, that really solved the issue with rock costumes. This multithread logic can lead to interesting results :slight_smile:

Visuals - yeah, thanks to great free png libraries over the internet with any visuals you like.

Hi @pavelbel, I've just released a patch of Snap! that - among other things - addresses the issue of sub-pixel sized thumbnails that was causing the hangup. Can you confirm that the bug is fixed? Thank you!

Tested just now. No more hangs, the bug is gone. Thank you for the patch and for Snap! itself - it's is very powerful and fast. But the thing I like most is it's smooth animations.

yay, thanks for the bug report and for the quick test!