GIF as profile picture

I've recently changed my profile picture, as you can see. However, it's a GIF, but it isn't moving at all. I've seen a couple other users, such as @starbox614, with animated profile pics, and I'm wondering how they do that. Do GIFs just not work and a different file type is necessary, or am I doing something wrong?

This is the GIF:
world_flags_globe_2

OK, five hours and still no response. Just posting to put the topic back up to the top of the categories page.

Maybe an animated svg or png?

I'll try changing the file's suffix to see if that does anything.

Nope. Didn't work.

You'll need to convert it first, as GIF uses a different encoding method to a png or svg.

Any ideas how?

Use an online converter?

vertopal.com_9fae0a709a729e6e7c6b655e80f305cdc3e7f471

Animated PNGs don't work, apparently.
I just found out that Starbox's pic is an SVG file. I'll see if I can find SVG globe animations.

Or convert to SVG. There are tons of converters online.

I just converted it to SVG using an online converter, and it just has me download multiple files, one for each frame. It appears that I have to import multiple files at once, but I can't seem to do that. If I could get help from @starbox614 themselves, that would be awesome.

Huh. Interesting.

You can animate SVGs. You can also theme SVGs. (Like my profile picture!)

How? When I converted the GIF to SVG, it just made multiple files.

Suffix?

You know, like .png and .svg and .gif.
In grammar, a suffix is an attachment at the end of a word to somewhat change its meaning, such as -tion (attraction, multiplication, etc.).

File extension is what @geokid's talking about.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I've often heard them called suffixes.

I've always thought of them as file extensions, especially when on my PC's File Explorer.