Feature Request: cloud folders

How about no collection in a collection?
I mean, what I’m trying to say is: just having a way to create single-level folders would be a huge improvement.

Anyway, I’ll try to think of some ideas about how to reconcile both.

It would, but they'd still have to make these collections behave differently from normal collections, because the projects would have to not be visible at top level. So I don't think hierarchical folders are that much harder.

And I'm thinking ahead to teachers wanting a file structure like
teacher-username/class/assignment/student-username/submission
where "class" is something like "BJC-2" for the second section of BJC, or maybe even "2021-BJC-2"; "assignment" is something like "U3L2-contact list"; and "submission" is something like "U3L2-contact list-2021-09-12-22:05" so that students can make multiple submissions and we automatically timestamp them so the teacher can decide what to do if the student submits a wrong solution on time and then submits a correct solution an hour late, or a day late.

At least that's what I'd want as a teacher, if I were giving grades, which of course I didn't when I was a high school teacher. (But they tell me that teachers won't do that, because schools use Google Drive for all that.)

Yes!​

Ok.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.