Fast obj loader

i made a fast obj loader :smiley: loading is a little slow tho in my opinion Snap! Build Your Own Blocks

Wow. You should show this at Snap!Shot. No kidding!

yeah, this is really impressive! Please submit a demo for Snap!Shot.

OBJRenderer
For some reason, when you go past the object, it will turn upside down. I just find that funny.

@jens @bromagosa this is simply a remix only adding a wrap block. This original was featured at somepoint.

I thought so. It was featured when I first joined Snap!

I believe this is a remix by the same original user. It's an improvement over their first obj loader.

yeah, I found the original obj loader Snap! Build Your Own Blocks and it is by the same user, it is slower, but that's because it renders the faces, not just the wireframe.

please do not post on dead topics

i know im necroing

then dont do it. it is discouraged by the community. we don't want 2 year old posts back in our latest feed :slight_smile:

But what if they were not "dead" posts? Like they were still going even years later?

Then, that's different.

Wow, this is awesome!

Ok.

??? Please explain.

Someone should recreate this with the 10.0 beetle blocks instead of the pen

I'm planning on making something for beetle to allow multiple sprites to have their own beetle. The "3D Costume" system will work like this.

I was referring to the project. It's super cool!

thats incredible

Coming back to this project, this reminds me so much of those Ti-84 Plus CE Calculator games that run off of TiBASIC as opposed to Assembly. Those games have to render each scene incredibly slowly every frame, so if you're drawing something like a square it would take like 1 second to render.

[offtopic]Yeah. TI BASIC is horribly slow. I'm trying to learn how to program on a TI graphing calc and I don't want to learn TI BASIC because it's slow, Asm is too hard, and Axe doesn't work.[/offtopic]

Anyways, this is a cool project.