esoSnap!

I made an esolang in Snap!

this project is still in early development so there aren't very many blocks yet.

RULES:
to program in esoSnap! you must only use un-hidden blocks

if you need help, ask on this topic, there aren't any guides, so it might be hard to figure out.

alright, here it is

Have fun! >:D

Just saying, you can hide all the blocks in every other category (right click the palette), and it saves in the project.

I tried that, but I don't know of a way to easily unhide them all, and I need to be able to access them easily to continue expanding the language.

In the dialog, right click and there's an option to hide all (it's just "all"), then you can go back and select your library blocks.

And now that I've looked at it, I now know that there's also an option to select all blocks that are unused, and it doesn't count blocks inside custom blocks.

As for being able to develop it, you can create another unshared copy, which has no blocks hidden. When you're done with an update, export the library, then import it into the shared project.

Thank you! I didn't know you could right click the background of that dialog!

what does factorial base mean? its asking for numbers in factorial base but idk what it wants

factorial base means that with each digit the base increases by one, so the first digit is binary (0,1) the second digit is trinary (0,1,2) the third digit is base 4 (0,1,2,3) and so on

so if you compare this system to decimal:
23 in decimal = 321 in factorial
24 in decimal = 1000 in factorial

I learned about the system from this comic

(disclaimer:
I don't think the factorial numbers used in this project are the same as the real ones used by mathematicians)

edit

esoSnap uses the following digits, in the order printed:

0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!@#$$%^&*()-=_+<>?:;"'[]{}\|,.

im gonna make a Snap! version of a "real" esolang

What do you mean by “real” >:(

i mean, yours is as real as any other, but the way i used it there i mean like an existing one

Oh, ok.
No hard feelings then!

Edit: also that sounds cool, I’ll want to try it out!

the one i was planning to do was already done (in case you were wondering it's this), but theres plenty of others
edit: i've chosen a new one
edit 2: i cant find one that appeals to me i might make my own or do both

Radix/Base 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Place value 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! 0!
Place value in decimal 5040 720 120 24 6 2 1 1
Highest digit allowed 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

1000 (factoradic) => 24*1+6*0+2*0+1*0 => 24

Oh gosh, I thought Munroe was just joking! Should've know better. Thanks!