Engine

(This is a template, feel free to delete it.)

What's problem you are encountering?
forgetting how to do trignometry on 3d projections
What have you tried that didn't work?
getting to khanacademy(cant connect,404)
Post a project example, link, or screenshot:

<a href="https://replit.com/@imcute-aaaa/3d-physiks#script.js">heeh</a>

stufftokeepthisunflaggedbymoderatorattention

@bh ?
@jedi_force

yeet(u guys can help too,but if i solve my trig problems i will change the questions and u guys should change to helping on physics or polygon collide detection)

anyone?help

No link or project screenshot. Sorry, but we need this information for us to help you.

Well there we go

hehe
actually that link was just leading to a blank page with a tri function
bc i have completely no idea about 3d engines

I think this is too broad for anything to properly respond to it.

rotating a 3d object
z indexing

Are we rendering the object as it rotates in 3D space?

yes
projection

um @odysseus_ssb ?

I'm far from an expert but just learnt trig in school again so I will see what I can do.

I have it working except that it doesn't like to have a negative value for the x (I think it's in the atan) and you could solve it.

I must warn you 3D will only be more challenging.

hmm i didnt look at the code but i thought that rotation only does with sin and cos?

bh hates 3d bc one of his students find his program bad and debugged for a week and then found out that the cam was just pointing opposite direction

That's the kind of stuff that you go through with 3D rendering.

My rotation does only use sin and cos, but I used atan to find the original angle that any point is at from the origin, and that is added to the chosen angle. I don't think it's necessary but it makes it a hell of a lot easier.

um ill try

Any luck?

Or is my code too unintelligable?

will u be angry with me if i told u that i was trying to make a docking port drive in ksp in the past hour?

well ill try ur rotation plan now