Duplicate clones along the y-axis?

I'm having trouble making duplicate clones along the y-axis, while maintaining the x-axis. Here's the current code:

The clone count is being controlled by the variable "Walker CloneCount" slider. But issue is, there's extra clone created inside of the original sprite (which I tried to rid of by using the [delete this clone] block], but you can't continue the base script under it), and the other ones aren't evenly spaced along the y-axis. It all makes my sprite and clones look like this:
instead of something more like this, where the [Walker CloneCount] slided variable determines the total number of clones (including the sprite) on the stage:

Another issue I'm having trouble figuring out is how the clones disappear after i press the spacebar (which is what's broadcasted when start is received) clones-strolling script pic (3)

Any help/hints/tips would be appreciated!

i would suggest just hiding the original sprite and making it not do anything, it'll likely be easier to work with than mostly clones and one unique non-clone sprite

are all the clones sharing the same ticks variable? it's not clear from this script. i generally like to use the "script variables" block instead since it makes it so that it's clear where a variable is used, otherwise a variable could likely be changed or used where you wouldn't expect.

I'm not really sure how to use the "script variables" block, so I hadn't considered it; all the clones are moving at the same speed as the original. I've made this addition to my project:
clones-strolling script pic

The only problem I'm having is y-axis configuration with my [Walker CloneCount] variable, which I still can't seem to figure out.

If we scrap my initial cloning part of the script, how else could I go about it?

Script variables are variables that can only be accessed in one script.
PNG image

Click an arrow to add or delete a script variable. Drag a variable out of this block to get one. Click on a variable to rename it.

You can only use it in one script (after this block). Trying to use script variables in another script will cause an error.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.