draw Scratch 1.4 blocks

? I was thinking of STAMPing them, at x.5, y.5 coordinates to align with the pixels and not get all antialiased.

The curved parts of the letters still might be antialiased. I still think that working with the actual font data would be better. Maybe you should learn about Metafont and see if it'd help?

It's a pixel font! And that image contains all of the font data, at least for the characters from " " to "~".

That doesn't stop it from being antialiased, does it? I mean, try making a diagonal line in the paint editor.

It contains all the pixels, yes, but that's not what I meant. The actual font has the ability to scale losslessly, for example, because it has more than the pixels for a particular size.

(Side comment: In real professional fonts, the shape of the characters changes as the size changes.)

That doesn't stop it from being antialiased, does it? I mean, try making a diagonal line in the paint editor.

as long as the sprite is on the pixel grid, it will appear exactly as it does in the image, which is aliased. when drawing a diagonal line in the paint editor, it's antialiased by the paint editor.

about the real font data, snap COULD probably parse it and generate images from it on the fly, but it would be too slow for practical use and it's not needed unless multiple font sizes are needed.

does any of this really need the amount of accuracy people are trying to go for here? i can't even tell what the project is supposed to look like, all i see is what looks like a single green line, not any blocks. i think accurate blocks is a lot more important than tiny differences in text

StrikeFont is a bitmap font implementation in Squeak.

That image contains every single pixel for that font. BTW Squeak StrikeFonts have the size built in--Verdana 10 and Verdana 12, for example, are two separate StrikeFonts.

? Can you send a screenshot?

Yes, it does. I want this project to be able to, eventually, be able to make essentially script pics for Scratch 1.4/BYOB. And I don't want any mistakes.

Ah. You've studied this question way more than I have; I was trying to bring general knowledge about fonts into it.

So, do you understand the StrikeFont format? Can you extract pixels from it? Maybe you need to write a program in Squeak to extract pixels?

? Can you send a screenshot?

looking at it now there's a bit of shading but if that's what's supposed to happen it still could really use some explanation especially if there's something i'm supposed to do with the code

I have no clue how to even get the internal font, but I can use a screenshot, which, because my display scale isn't 125% but rather 100%, doesn't blur it, and that's all I need, really, to be able to use it elsewhere. All I need to do is split it up into individual characters, which I can do with your idea:

but I need the screenshot to not be blurred when I import it to Snap!.

That is exactly what's supposed to happen. Right now, it's drawing the block part of a PICK RANDOM 1 TO 10 block. Also, you can change the height and width of it by changing what the corresponding Sensing category block-draw-sprite-local blocks return.

I've made an update--now it uses sprite-local variables instead of sprite-local block for constants like the height and width. It can also draw hat arches, and it can draw blocks at arbitrary positions.

Second update: TEXT!!!
Stage(7)

Woops! I had to actually use the Sensing OF for it.

Edit: Input slots:
Stage(8)