Custom Input Dialog Box

just a block untitled script pic (14) that extends this

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 12.35.48 PM

into this

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 12.35.26 PM

so that you can get things (like color!) without jumping through a bunch of hoops. just this single hoop, for now, is the best i can do. lol.

project link

note

- you need to turn on javascript to run the block but your project wont require it if you aren't using this block in your scripts.

- if you wish to modify the block i recommend doing so in a new, empty project so that if you break things it doesn't ruin your project.

- this is a work in progress.

It would be better if you could arrange these so as not to mess up the meaning of the individual rows and columns of the original. See the Reference Manual, Chapter V (Typed Inputs), p. 55.

I guess I would put the extra ones in separate columns, on the right, with some empty space between the original ones and yours.

I personally say that cmd, rc, rr and rp shouldn't be in there because those are a little buggy and they also are unnecessary since we already have ring inputs, which are way better anyway.

Oh, and c should define tally be removed as it deletes it's input when you report it (or should I say, doesn't make a copy of the input)

Or at least, add an option to include them.

yeah i just put them where they made sense for me. im working on a way to make it so that you can customize it (width, height, input list) without digging though a bunch of source code. and to be fair, they're not 'mine', all i did was make more pre-existing slots available through the dialog box.

if i had my own input it would be one where you could add variadic(i think is the word) sets of inputs. so you could put say | xn: (xnpos) yn: (ynpos) | as on input and do [draw x1: (x1pos) y1: (y1pos) [x2: (x2pos) y2: (y2pos)] [x3: (x3pos) y3: (y3pos)] ] in two clicks. or the ever so desired [if (boo) else (script) [else if (boo1) (script1)] [else if (boo2) (script2)] ]. and switch case blocks...

heres my version of the if else if block. doesnt function but the inputs do whats desired

What if you want to remove one of the ELSE IFs or an ELSE?

if you want it different then modify it. im not a developer nor am i taking requests. do it yourself like i did for myself. i would warn you though if you do decide to do it for yourself and share it, there will be in every corner someone insisting that you do it different. you know what you say to people like that?

this

if you want it different then modify it. im not a developer nor am i taking requests. do it yourself like i did for myself. i would warn you though if you do decide to do it for yourself and share it, there will be in every corner someone insisting that you do it different. you know what you say to people like that?

this

this

this

this

this

this

this

this

this

i cant do this forever. im sure you get the point. heres a link that does nothing. file complaints here (also does nothing)

i dont know figure it out. i havent gotten that far yet. if you do find yourself using this nonworking if else if block and need less else if or else segments im sorry to say this but you may just have to grab another nonworking if else if block and start over. which sucks i know you may have chained together some awesome else ifs and elses but thats just all ive got to offer for the moment

Yes that's pretty high on our list. Taking suggestions for the user interface inside the block editor.

Yes, and I'll incorporate their idea if it makes sense. I'll also give credit to them saying that they came up with the idea. If it's a bad idea, I'll explain to them why it's a bad idea. Not everything has to be done your way.

Also, I did say

So it would mean, people can choose to have the buggy inputs, or not. It's really not hard to do.

This should be made into a mod. Or included in one.

Not everything has to be done your way.

what a funny thing to say when i told you, literally, to do it yourself.

It's really not hard to do.

then do it

i would love to make a full-fledged mod, it's a bit of a rabbit hole.

Like my mod?

Cool mod! Could you add the color input, and possibly make it report a 1x1 costume? (That's the most digestible way of representing colors that I can think of...)

At some point in the future, yeah.

do you mean something like this?

untitled script pic (19)

project link

I am determined >:)

Yes, but it would be nice if the color input just reported that by default.

do you mind republishing this?