Custom Blocks, Again

he did it in 7 projects and he can't understand the others just leave him be.

crash snap isnt gunna work for some computers.

I don't know, but it's frowned upon.

@programmer_user could you help with this?

He has not been online since August 9th. Plus, why are you trying to get backup? Can't do it alone?

I tracked down a snippet of Jen's warning about the Uni Gottingen cloud variables from this message. Whether or not the original post is deleted or simply private, I don't know, but I'm guessing it was taken down to prevent people from getting any ideas about using these blocks, which might explain why I remember fsul having posted here about the cloud variables they created, and why I can't seem to find that post anymore.

And as for, "malicious scripts that abuse JavaScript to cause havoc on browsers," that was referring to a script that would crash your browser if you attempted to See Inside (this was to prevent people from modifying the cloud variables in an undesirable manner). So not only are the Uni Gottingen cloud blocks a no-go, but so is that crash snap block.

Delete ing crash Snap! also the point is can I still use the cloud vars even though I shouldn’t but I have already made several projects with them.

I will switch using fsuls if I find new cloud vars that I can use and are easy to use.

Also please get on topic. Are the blocks useful? I did not make this to be judged for using the cloud vars I made it to help others with useful blocks.

I think @18001767679 has cloud vars on his own server that you can use.

also the point is can I still use the cloud vars even though I shouldn’t but I have already made several projects with them.

It depends on what "can" means here. Is there anything prohibiting you from using them? No. Is it okay to use them? As Jens put it, it's literally hijacking a server for your own purposes without their permission. And it's freeloading because you're not paying for the server space you're using. Do with that information what you will.

Also please get on topic. Are the blocks useful? I did not make this to be judged for using the cloud vars I made it to help others with useful blocks.

The topic is about your custom blocks, so I don't see why aspects about them other than usefulness are off-topic. But anyways:

authorize and ban were pretty useless blocks in their implementation, but seeing as how you took the Javascript function to close the tab out along with the crash snap block I think you already know why and how.

button is fine, though I'd prefer how much the sprite grows be customizable, since as it is now, the sprite is doubled, but that may not work for sprites that are closely packed together.

I like PFP but I'd prefer it just be a reporter and report the PFP rather than switch the costume of the sprite it's in. If I wanted to switch the costume I would just use the switch to costume [ ] primitive and put the PFP reporter in the input slot. And I don't really like it being a launched script. It doesn't seem like the type of script that has any requirement to be launched or indication that it is launched, and I don't think I would need or want such a script to be launched.

For the chat and moderator blocks, like a meh? I'd just prefer projects like cloud engines on Scratch. A cloud engine could be a more useful system since they are not as limited in scope. Not to mention chatroom projects are nightmares, which is why the Scratch Team got rid of all chatrooms that allow users to send messages that aren't pre-generated.

current all would be better as a list of the x position, y position, and direction, since if you're reporting those as a string, you're probably not going to be doing anything else with it, and I usually work with Sprite positions in two item lists of [x, y].

Your key any pressed block is not only redundant, since it reports a boolean, meaning you can just use the key [any key] pressed primitive, but it doesn't do what it's supposed to do! In your current implementation, that reporter will always report true until a key is pressed, at which point it will stop reporting. So I could be sitting at my computer, not pressing a single key, and it would report "True" as if I am pressing something, but the moment I press something, it stops reporting "True". If it wasn't bad enough that it seemingly does the opposite of what it is supposed to do, the fact that it stops reporting when a key is pressed means that the reporter block doesn't report, which causes an Error that will crash any script it is in, provided it is running and someone presses a key. I would just delete that entirely.

@bh You're a good peacemaker, Could you settle this argument?

Yes please.

I apologize for my actions ;_;

Wow two years. What actions?

Oh, you could delete the cloud var thread and project.

Wow. Didn't think you would EVER become active.

sure, done

Thanks.

Can you use firebase? I have a screenshot of my current database in case you need it. However, you should use firebase auth for moderators, not a cloud variable anybody could edit.

I am going to create general firestore and auth blocks for snap using the new 7.0 primitive block, and maybe use those to create a project that anybody can store their data on, using auth. At the moment though, it still depends on the console, and therefore your google account.