Could we have a continue after pause block please?

When debugging, I'd find it very handy, when the code hits a pause all breakpoint, to be able to assign a keypress to be the equivalent of pressing the yellow play button to continue.

(This might already exist but I've not worked out how to do it)

One method I've come up with would be to have a continue button, preferably not in a library but hidden as a relabel option on the pause all button.

cymplecy, this is a good idea. We should ask bh to maybe think about adding a block like this. I have been thinking about this sort of block, too, before and it would be a good idea. Maybe something like:
untitled script pic
or something like this.
But yeah, good idea cymplecy.

Please remember not to tag :slight_smile:

ok. i changed it.

Thats what i feature requested

And again,

IN THE SNAP APP, WITHOUT HAVING TO BE IN THE EDITOR TO TURN ON THE VISUAL STEPPING, WITHIUT USING THE WAR BLOCK AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I have already suggested something like it, this but then people kept saying stuff like "use the warp block, and single stepping!" :rage:

that is what i want :slight_smile:

Single stepping doesn't even work with the warp block anyway.

and also cymplecy and others, there is a scratchblocks script pic block, and linked to this, I was also thinking if there would be some kind of block like scratchblocks script pic (1) which would be handy. :slight_smile:

Yeah-Digital-Art-300x199

Well, if all was paused, nothing would be able to unpause it. That's the purpose of pausing. However, I completely agree there should be a block to pause all but this script. That would be tremendously helpful and the unpause block would make sense in that case.

uh, unpause is the same as continue

wouldn't that be
[scratchblocks]
pause all until <> :: control
[/scratchblocks]

but then you could put in stuff that will never trigger because the project is paused, like,
[scratchblocks]
touching [sprite v]
[/scratchblocks]

like this:
[scratchblocks]
pause all [ v] for{
} until done :: control // options are: "but this script" and "other scripts in sprite"
[/scratchblocks]

I am 100% in for this. I've always found it frustrating there isn't a way to unpause with code

well, we already have untitled script pic ...

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.