Costume shown in image editor doesn't match real costume

This is a very strange bug in that it affects everything you try it out on and nothing that I try it out on :frowning:

I just tried it out on my Raspberry Pi 4 and it imports fine in that as well

:flushed:

Yessssss!!!!!!!!! Thanks for being so tenacious to try everything with me!!

From your last test I started thinking it could be something hidden in Snap's settings (I explored them a lot in the past) and... here you go! I disabled the "retina support" setting (I guess this is something that is not used anymore, but I can be wrong) and... ta da!!!!!! Now every image is correctly imported and editable :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot again @cymplecy

Glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

BUT..... :slight_smile:

1. I thought "retina" was a Mac only thing?

2. Where is the setting for it? I can't see it on my machine?

Maybe it shows up only when the display has a very high resolution? I can see it (first option of the second section of settings) both in my macOS and win10 PCs

1 Like

Yes. It's an option only on retina (a/k/a 4K) displays.

So maybe there is a bug in the calculation of where to center the costume in the image editor. In the "wrong" costume the center of the costume is in the top left corner of the editor.

@bromagosa

If someone is going to have a look at the import procedure from BYOB to Snap, I can point out a problem when importing projects with (I don't know in which way they are different) specific pictures. For example, in the two projects in Gofile - Your all-in-one storage solution, there are weird things happening:

• in the "vasi" project, 1) you can just see the flowers in each vase, but not the vase and 2) the background of the Stage is completely empty
  • in the "mario" project, both the costume of the Fungo sprite and the two Stage backgrounds are empty