Costume animations by action in 1 sprite

First time posting
I'm look for help around costumes and being able to use a similar "next costume" or forever, repeat switch costume but for only example: 5 costumes out of the 10 costumes I have.
Maybe I have hand gestures with three costumes, walking costumes with 5 and jumping jack for 2. I want to switch between my 5 costumes of walking because he is walking. I want an easier way than pulling out 5 switch to costume___ because lets say I have 20 costumes.
I tried to make a list variable for talking, walking and jumping jack where it put the picture of the costume in the list then I adjusted each list to only have those costumes in them.
I'm unsure what I could do next, like next costume = to costumes in walking variable. or forever switch to item of walking variable plus 1. These didn't work and would return the sprite to the Turtle.
Can someone explain how I might be able to clump costumes by animation type and then easily use a few blocks to run the costume loop when I want to do separate animation actions?
Thanks for your awesome help.

What have you tried that didn't work?

Post a project example, link, or screenshot:

Would this help you?

https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=cymplecy&ProjectName=animateCostumes&editMode

a technique i used in scratch is to prefix each of the costume names with the animation name and then add the frame number of the animation then increment a variab;le for each frame of the animation and do
Node Editor script pic

Awesome Yes- This might actually work for the task and easy enough to share with students. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.