Copyright…

Using a work as the soundtrack to a project would not be considered transformative. Using a tiny snippet in a work that also has other snippets, as in hip hop, doesn't even count; those DJs have to pay royalties to the copyright holder. (The case went to the Supreme Court some years back.)

Then if the copyright holder gets around to checking our published projects and sends us a DMCA takedown notice, we'll unpublish it.

I know, I was saying why getting no DMCA violations could be bad (because stolen stuff could be used but not noticed… yet)

Ah. Since nobody is making money on Snap! projects, I actually think it's fine if you use copyrighted music. By "fine" I don't mean "legal." Even in a free (in the money sense) environment, copying without permission is illegal. But it doesn't hurt the copyright owner because we're so small.

tldr:you are okay to put copyright violating things on your project and publish it,no one will notice
even if pigs fly and someone got angry and dmca-ish at it bh will unpublish it

please don't encourage causing problems for the staff, i don't think they want to randomly get a massive dmca claim where they have to look over and unpublish hundreds of projects in a few days, and i'm pretty sure they'll have to take more action if you intentionally and repeatedly violate copyright

nope,if you remove the violation after the project gets unpublished (then republish) its okay

i don't understand why you think something that's illegal will somehow be solved by just hiding it for an hour and then putting it right back to how it was before. taking tiny fragments of a sentence out of context doesn't change dmca law

Thats not what they said?
They said if they remove the violation, then republish the project, it should be okay.

No,you should remove the violated content

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.