Convert Scratch 3 projects to Snap!

It does not work.

Dylan can't do anything with such a short report. What did you try to do? Where is the project you tried to convert? What happened when you tried it?

If you were trying to convert a Scratch 1.4 project, yes that was broken, and I just fixed that. (Scratch's 1.4 project converter creates an object that pretends to be a ZIP file, and it mirrors the JSZip API closely but not exactly. I made some changes that worked with a regular ZIP file, but I forgot to test a Scratch 1.4 project's fake ZIP file.)

I also made it so you can convert projects from a Scratch project URL, and you can also open projects directly in Snap! from Snapinator if they're under ~2MB.

ADPCM sounds are also properly handled now. I ended up just using normal WAV, since ADPCM sounds aren't as common in Scratch projects as I thought they were. :slight_smile:

wrong, apparently

Yeah. That was funny.

I apologize for that.

Nope, I wasn't. I was trying to convert a 3.0 project. However, it is working now. Thank you.

Maybe I accidentally fixed something while I was refactoring, then.

I really need to write test cases for this.

I use it to test cloud inactivity(whether a user is afk or closing the webpage when running cloud games)

Does anyone know how to use snapinator, whenever I use it and click the link it just leads me to a page that says about:blank

in that case you should instead download the converted file to run it

I tried converting my Scratch projects to Snap, and it didn’t work.

You have to download the project to your computer and load the project file. Scratch changed how to get the project files from a url, so a lot of things broke.

you cant use url anymore

also 3 years>????

I used it to create a timestamp that can be sent w/ cloud variables.

I'm surprised by that.

Was Snapinator ever fixed? Can anyone from Snap experts look into it and fix some stuff?

You can see how the new api works here

What is that? I am talking about unimplemented blocks, also broken pen ones.

Oh, well that's how to get loading a scratch project from url to work.

:eye: :lips: :eye: