Convert Scratch 3 projects to Snap!

can you add an update so you can convert scratch 3 files?

Being worked on. Stay tuned.

thanks

Not all of the blocks in Scratch 3.0 are primitives in Snap 5.

Right, but so what. Either they'll be translated to other blocks, or we just don't convert projects using them. What stands in the way is @djdolphin having time for Snapin8r work.

Like Scratch 3 has the Text to Speech block but Snap doesn't

1 Like

Snap has a block library where you can install more blocks to your project. There is a Text to Speech block in that library.

woah there is? i never realized that. i should look at the libraries more often

i will check

11 posts were split to a new topic: What's your Scratch account?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow: Where? I never saw it.

Hi @r4356th,

Just a normal Snap! library.

Joan

Thank you!

I've just posted an initial version of Snapinator 3. :slight_smile: https://djsrv.github.io/snapinator/

Script conversion should be almost entirely working, but I still need to implement proper costume and watcher conversion, as well as a nicer UI.

Yay!!! Thanks so much!

Long time no see. How's school?

Busy. I've been pretty much constantly occupied, whether with schoolwork or social stuff, but I've been enjoying it. I'm also actually learning new things in my CS classes now, which is nice. :slight_smile:

Currently nearing the end of finals week (one more exam tomorrow!), so I'll follow up with more via email in a bit...

There is a bug with Snapinator 3:
scratchside
goes to
snapside
when it should be
goodsnap

Thanks for the report. I didn't realize that setting the rotation style programmatically was finally added to Snap!. Very cool.

The glide to block can easily be replicated with

so I'll also add that.

When I go to that page I see this:
Google Chrome001 2
and then I select a file and see this:
Google Chrome002 2
... and nothing else. How do I actually run it? Tnx.

It could also be
untitled script pic (8)