Change division block.

We should change the
division
block to
division better
(It uses the actual division symbol.)

IIRC, it used to be that way, but it was too easy to confuse ÷ with +, especially for those of us who are farsighted.

I personally like the / better.

The / symbol represents fractions and such, which are obviously division equations.

By the way as @bh stated the division sign ( I can't do it on a Chromebook :frowning: ) could easily get mixed up with the + sign NOT especially with farsighted people but also with people who have potato screens.

... used in Anglophone countries to indicate mathematical division. However, this usage, though widespread in some countries, is not universal; it is used for other purposes in other countries and its use to denote division is not recommended in the ISO 80000-2 standard for mathematical notation.

From Division sign - Wikipedia

Here. Hopefully this makes you happier.

Changed math reporters.

$$\div$$
$$\div$$

Oh, okay! Let me try it:

$$\div$$
Yes it works!

Sometimes I think you're just trying to push our buttons. Absolutely no design decision in Snap! has ever been taken to look like JS or Python.

You can also press Ctrl+ ⇧ Shift+U, type out a unicode value (e.g. 2603 for :snowman_with_snow:*), and press enter.
This feature is really helpful but sadly exclusive to Chromebooks.
*Yes, I memorized the number for Unicode Snowman. Don't judge.
Edit: uhh why did it turn into an emoji

Nope, I know it's possible to do something like that in windows, can't remember what the key combo is though.

Alt+unicode value

So ALT+2603

$$\div$$

Nope, ALT uses different codes for some reason

May be a different kind of Unicode.

thats what comes out when I do Alt+2603 on this computer.

Okay. I'll try that.

u

Dang it.

why though

Also, linux supports compose key. Most keyboards don't have one, but if you rebind it, you can use ⎄:- to make ÷. I like it because I don't have to remember arbitrary sequences, but it doesn't have every character, only the builtin ones and the ones I added.

There's only one Unicode -- "uni" for "universal." The whole idea was to get away from the previous state of affairs with different character codes in different countries.