Change cursor to [] block

This block would be useful to tell people something is clickable. It should look like this:

[scratchblocks]
change cursor to [ v] :: looks
[/scratchblocks]

Here is the list of cursors:
Screenshot 2021-03-21 6.21.44 PM
Here is an example use:

[scratchblocks]
when I am [mouse-entered v] :: control hat
change cursor to [pointer v] :: looks
play sound [Pop v]
wait until <not <touching [mouse-pointer v]>>
change cursor to [auto v] :: looks
[/scratchblocks]

And here is how it should be coded:
Screenshot 2021-03-21 6.27.36 PM

this should be in tutorials. also, please type the list of cursors in the forum so I don't have to copy it.

Hello and welcome to the forum, Ashton from Auckland!

And this is for you, sathvikrias:
alias
all-scroll
auto
cell
context-menu
col-resize
copy
crosshair
e-resize
ew-resize
grab
grabbing
help
move
n-resize
ne-resize
nw-resize
ns-resize
nesw-resize
nwse-resize
no-drop
none
not allowed
pointer
progress
row-resize
S-resize
se-resize
Sw-resize
text
vertical-text
w-resize
wait
zoom-in
zoom-out

Welcome to the forums! (:
There's an easier way to do this that doesn't clog up the HTML memory:

Right. But I had to look it up

garply - /gar'plee/ A metasyntactic variable like foo, once popular among SAIL hackers.

It's just a placeholder name

Right. And when a variable has no better name using foo or garply is reasonable. But when sharing with others then a name like cursor or cursor type would make it easier for others to follow.

I remade the image with a different variable name

Oh yeah, you're from the east coast, I forgot. :~)

He's from the UK, and why would someone from the east coast need to look it up and not someone from the west coast?

He's in the UK, but he's from the MIT AI Lab, long ago, and it's the "once popular among SAIL hackers" that I was reacting to. SAIL was the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Lab.

"is" not "was" - https://ai.stanford.edu/

Yeah, they recycled the name, but it's not the wonderful DC Power Lab crowd. Dunno if they still say "garply."

I think instead of having several options on a dropdown, you could have it pick between costumes, allowing each project to have a different look.

The block in my Custom Blocks project can take a costume or url as input aswell as the built-in cursor names.

Noice.

that's necroposting. If we want to continue the discussion, we would continue it. It's not helpful to just say "let's continue this discussion that is clearly over"

oh, ok.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.