Can I make a discord bot with snap!

ok, thanks

I used to use this; its completely broken. Even if you're using the andriod or ios, it still wont let you host it

ok, I created a bot with https://botghost.com/

You might get banned for this behaviour but I'll let Brian decide, he's a moderator here (and a Snap! developer)

i dont see anything about communicating with other users here so i'd assume this is okay..?

Not okay:

Please please please please don't arrange off-site meetings here.

if im not wrong, there was a minecraft server plugin snap thing on snapcon 2020 (i believe?). minecraft plugins usually involve communicating too so i dont really understand where the line passes. it can be just silly discord bot not having to do anything with communicating, like game bot.

this topic is about making a discord bot with snap, not communicating with other snap users

No, I meant using JS Extensions to make a bot for Discord. I don't know if that's alright...but okay.

getting banned for literally using a feature? i mean. they do not make something malicious, so no way.

To be clear, they never put their discord username, so there's not really any way anyone here could even communicate with them on discord.

Will Mqtt work, or do I have to use replit

No, you need to use JS Extensions or Repl.it or something.

Ok, how do I do it with replit

You can use an API and stuff like that. Things that I don't know. You should ask someone who IS talented in Repl.it (and I won't name people who are because they might be busy and probably won't have time to explain or help)

ok

I get that, but I'm not sure how to debug it without unmoderated conversation. And I don't believe someone would make it and not use it! :~)

Once again, I think it's stupid, too, but this is the 21st century, and we are worried about legal liability for conversation that we enable but don't moderate. And about the vanishingly unlikely but not impossible consequences of an actual child molestation incident that could be construed as our fault.

you can make your own discord server with no one in it. you do not have to have other people in a server to test a bot

alright. fair point.

True.