Blurry pen on non mac/apple hardware

What's problem you are encountering?
I am encountering an issue with the pen that causes it to blur on non apple retina screens. My code renders text characters using the below code:

(I cant attach more than three links as a new forum user, so this top part will be text, instead of a link to an image (If there is a way to attach images without the image button in the text box (It doesn't let me embed images), I would appreciate knowing how to do that))

pen down
move (size) steps
pen up
move [neg] of (size) steps

Which looks sharp on my apple macbook: (Note: This was perfectly sharp before I took a screenshot of it)

Sharp|542x458

But when running the exact same code on a windows desktop it becomes very blurry:

Blurry|176x178

What have you tried that didn't work?

I have tried changing the resolution on the windows monitor, and switching the computer, monitor, and the browser, but the results are the same. However, when turning off retina support on the macbook, the results on the windows computer and apple retina are the same. Additionally the retina support checkbox goes away on the device if the resolution the computer is using is the same as the max hardware resolution.

Post a project example, link, or screenshot:
I have a few screenshots and a code example above, but if the effect cannot be recreated, I can send a link to my project.

Welcome to the forum!

Probably because:
Snap! pen is blurred after loading the project. The blur will go away when you use the clear block. Can you try to use the clear block then see the result again?

The result from the screenshot ran after a clear block, which appears like this at the start of the code:

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 5.31.57 PM|486x238

I ran the program again while manually pressing the clear block, but I got the same result.

I created a neater and commented version of my code, hopefully this helps show the issue better:

Doesn't seem to look blurry for me. Maybe check your browser and the version?

For both screenshotted tests I was on Firefox using snap 9.2.12, do either of these have issues with blurry rendering? I got similar results on chrome, Microsoft edge, and opera GX when I tested it in each program as well. Are you using the project in fullscreen mode and/or are you on a apple device?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.