Art & Music: Musical Chords (Spring 2024)

Your piece sounds very good, and I love how the clouds move as it plays. I think your code would be easier to read if you had more measures. In 4/4 time, each measure should only have 4 quarter note beats (so 1 whole note or 4 quarter notes or 8 eighth notes, or combinations, like 2 quarter notes and 4 eighth notes or 1 quarter note and 6 eighth notes, for example). I don't think it's too big of a deal in this class, but it does make it a little confusing to read.

Updates: I finished up the project by using creating three different block for different purposes. Used what I created originally(C major, A minor, E minor, F major) as the starting point of my chord progression, I extend the pattern by alternating major and minor chords. Once it's done, I created another block which responsible for holding all my melodies together. The melodies comprise tons of quarter notes and eighth notes. Lastly, I add drum pattern.

I love how to build chord based on the melody you created from last project. However, I would suggest create the chord you desired at first and then build melody based on it. Also, you can create a block to group measures together.

I really loved the chords and cool sprite combination. You can try abstracting your code for easier readability. Other than that loved the song.

I really loved your project since your code is very neat! And your chords, melody, and drums fit perfectly.

I love your instrument choice for chords. It sounds unique but it harmonizes with your melody and drums. I think there is nothing to add or change. I feel like I would've liked it better if it was slower but it's my personal preference. It sounds awesome.

The melody and chords match up great! It's impressive since this is the first time you tried to put melody and chords together. In terms of visuals, I would suggest you upload the image as a costume and then use "looks" to adjust the image size to fill up the entire canvas.

I love how well the melody, chords and, drums work together! It sounds amazing together and I like your choice of instruments, they were very good choices for the tune.

A lovely sound! I tried listening to it on 3/4, as the whole notes seemed a bit long, and I feel that helped, but honestly I love your piece! The simplicity of it has given me a few ideas of how to work on this project in the future!

https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=darrenamona&ProjectName=Week%208%20Assignment

I tried to keep the drum beat stable, but tried to make the melody a bit interesting. I added more chords so that they didn't sound unfinished.

I really like your use of rests in this piece!